10A NCAC 28F .0211 PLACEMENT OF CLIENTS OUTSIDE THEIR COUNTY OF RESIDENCE
Note: Until the effective date of the repeal of Rule .0128 of this Section, this Rule shall supersede.
(a) If a discharge plan proposes that a client live in a facility outside his county of residence, hospital staff shall notify the authorizing area program so that the area program can begin making such a living arrangement. Hospital staff shall provide the authorizing area program with information which shall include:
(1) the client's status, diagnosis and needs;
(2) information regarding the facility being considered; and
(3) information regarding the facility's ability to serve the client being considered to live there.
(b) The authorizing area program shall contact the area program in the county of the facility to share client information, and collaboratively develop a plan for appropriate services provision, authorization, and payment.
(c) When a client discharged from a hospital moves to a facility outside his county of residence, the hospital shall send, at the time of discharge, the following records to the authorizing area program serving the client's county of residence:
(1) hospital's psychiatric evaluation;
(2) social history, such as family constellation, order of birth, and developmental history; and
(3) post‑institutional plan.
In addition, the hospital discharge summary shall be sent to the authorizing area program within 15 days of discharge. This area program shall share the information with the area program serving the client in the county of the facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122C-3; 122C-112; 122C-117; 143B-147;
Eff. February 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1996.