10A NCAC 28F .0503 REVIEW PROCESS
Upon receipt of the application and prior to granting designation, the Division director shall evaluate the application according to the following criteria:
(1) consistency of the research, currently conducted and proposed, with division goals and priorities;
(2) adequacy of procedures by which medical records and statistics would be maintained separate from those kept for regularly admitted clients;
(3) existence of an active Human Rights Committee with adequate operating rules which give the committee the authority to monitor the care of individuals admitted for research;
(4) adequacy of the facility's capacity to house and maintain persons admitted under this designation in a safe manner; and
(5) any other criteria deemed relevant by the Division director.
History Note: Authority G. S. 122C‑112(b)(3); 122C‑210.2;
Eff. December 1, 1988.