10A NCAC 29C .0211 INSTITUTIONAL (I‑1) DISTRICT
Within an (I‑1) institutional district only the following uses shall be permitted and shall be developed on lot areas of not less than five acres:
(1) public parks, parkways, land reserves;
(2) public golf courses, play grounds, play fields, recreation areas;
(3) public water conservation areas and flood and drainage control areas, and greenbelts or open spaces;
(4) public and semi‑public institutions, including hospitals, children's homes, convalescent homes, rehabilitation centers and the like; and
(5) public and quasi‑public community facilities including schools, libraries, armories, cemeteries, utilities, museums, aboretums and the like.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑95; 143B‑10;
Eff. March 21, 1980.