10A NCAC 29c .1004 FEES FOR CONSTRUCTION PERMITS
(a) Fees for building permits except as otherwise specifically set out herein, are established as follows:
(1) $ 250‑‑$1,500 cost $3.00 fee;
(2) 1,500‑‑ 5,000 cost 3.50 fee;
(3) 5,000‑‑10,000 cost 4.50 fee;
(4) 10,000‑‑20,000 cost 6.50 fee;
(5) 20,000‑‑40,000 cost 10.50 fee; and
(6) 40,000‑‑ up cost 13.50 fee.
(b) A fee of two dollars ($2.00) will be charged for permits and inspection of trailers, changes in electrical hot water heaters and electrical ranges and temporary electrical switches for construction purposes.
(c) Additional inspections or inspection trips made necessary through fault of the contractor shall be deemed extra building inspections and a fee of three dollars ($3.00) shall be charged against and paid by the contractor.
(d) No building permit shall be issued until the fee for the same shall have been paid.
History Note: Authority G.S. 122‑95; 143B‑10;
Eff. March 21, 1980.