10A NCAC 41A .0406 ACCESS TO IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION
(a) Physicians, local health departments and the Department shall, upon request and without consent release the immunization information specified in Paragraph (b) of this Rule to the following organizations:
(1) schools K‑12, whether public, private or religious;
(2) licensed and registered childcare facilities as defined in G.S. 110-86(3) and G.S. 110‑101;
(3) Head Start;
(4) colleges and universities, whether public, private or religious;
(5) Health Maintenance Organizations; and
(6) Other state and local health departments outside of North Carolina.
(b) The following is the immunization information to be released to the organizations specified in Paragraph (a) of this Rule:
(1) name and address;
(2) name of the parent, guardian, or person standing in loco parentis;
(3) date of birth;
(5) race and ethnicity;
(6) vaccine type, date and dose number administered;
(7) the name and address of the physician or local health department that administered each dose; and
(8) the existence of a medical or religious exemption determined by the Immunization Section to meet the requirements of G.S. 130A‑156 and 10A NCAC 41A .0404 or G.S. 130A‑157. If such a determination has not been made by the Division of Public Health, the person shall have access to the certification of medical and religious exemptions required by G.S. 130A‑156 or G.S. 130A‑157 and 10A NCAC 41A .0404.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑153;
Temporary Adoption Eff. August 9, 1993, for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. January 4, 1994;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2001; August 1, 2000; October 1, 1995;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.