10a ncac 41b .0322 INTOXIMETERS: MODEL INTOX EC/IR II
The operational procedures to be followed in using the Intoximeters, Model Intox EC/IR II are:
(1) Insure instrument displays time and date;
(2) Insure observation period requirements have been met;
(3) Initiate breath test sequence;
(4) Enter information as prompted;
(5) Verify instrument accuracy;
(6) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(7) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample; and
(8) Print test record.
If the alcohol concentrations differ by more than 0.02, a third or fourth breath sample shall be collected when "PLEASE BLOW" appears. Subsequent tests shall be administered as soon as feasible by repeating steps (1) through (8), as applicable.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑139.1(b);
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.