10A NCAC 41B .0323 PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: INTOXIMETERS: MODEL INTOX EC/IR II
The preventive maintenance procedures for the Intoximeters, Model Intox EC/IR II to be followed at least once every four months are:
(1) Verify the ethanol gas canister displays pressure, or the alcoholic breath simulator thermometer shows 34 degrees, plus or minus .2 degree centigrade;
(2) Verify instrument displays time and date;
(3) Initiate breath test sequence;
(4) Enter information as prompted;
(5) Verify instrument accuracy;
(6) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(7) When "PLEASE BLOW" appears, collect breath sample;
(8) Print test record;
(9) Verify Diagnostic Program; and
(10) Verify that the ethanol gas canister is being changed before expiration date, or the alcoholic breath simulator solution is being changed every four months or after 125 Alcoholic Breath Simulator tests, whichever occurs first.
A signed original of the preventive maintenance record shall be kept on file for at least three years.
History Note: Authority G.S. 20‑139.1(b2);
Eff. November 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.