10A NCAC 42A .0106 FEES
(a) Upon request, the State Laboratory of Public Health furnishes to authorized senders of specimens and samples kits and materials for collecting and submitting specimens and samples. The fees for these kits and materials are based on cost and are subject to change as costs change.
(b) Upon request, the State Laboratory of Public Health furnishes, to persons authorized to administer them vaccines and other biologicals such as antirabic treatments. The prices for these are based on cost and cost of shipment and are subject to change as these costs change.
(c) An individual is eligible to receive rabies vaccine and immune globulin without charge for rabies post-exposure treatment when the individual meets all of the following criteria:
(1) the individual's family income is at or below the federal poverty level in effect on July 1 of each fiscal year as determined by the local health department;
(2) the individual meets the residency and other requirements set forth in 10A NCAC 45A .0200, except that the individual shall not be eligible for Medicaid or health insurance reimbursement for rabies post-exposure treatment as determined by the local health department; and
(3) the treatment is recommended by a physician licensed to practice medicine.
(d) The State Laboratory of Public Health provides laboratory analysis services to assist owners and operators of public water systems in complying with the North Carolina Drinking Water Act. These services must be contracted for on a yearly basis and must be paid for in advance. Refunds of prepayments will be made only when:
(1) The water system ceases to exist as a public water system or merges with a larger water system;
(2) The water system changes in status from a community to a non‑community water system or from a non‑community to a community water system;
(3) There has been an overpayment of fees; or
(4) The laboratory fails to perform an analysis in accordance with the contract.
(e) Fees for the analysis of public water supplies shall be as follows:
Inorganic Chemistry $200.00
Organic Chemistry $190.00
Coliform $ 20.00
Trihalomethanes $ 60.00
Sodium and Corrosivity $ 60.00
gross alpha and beta $ 50.00
radium 226 $ 65.00
radium 228 $ 50.00
uranium $ 75.00
Any single organic or
inorganic parameter $ 15.00
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑5(12); 130A‑326;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. November 15, 1977;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1991; September 1, 1990; April 1, 1987.
Temporary Amendment Eff. August 9, 1993 for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1994.