10A NCAC 42D .0232 NOTICE AND PROCEDURE
(a) A laboratory seeking certification shall request in writing an application for certification from the State Laboratory of Public Health. The application for certification shall include:
(1) Name and address of the laboratory and its owner(s) or directors;
(2) Names and qualifications of the laboratory personnel;
(3) Test categories for which certification is requested;
(4) Description of facilities, equipment, and methodologies;
(5) Such other information as the State Laboratory of Public Health deems necessary for certification purposes.
(b) Upon review of the application by a state laboratory certification evaluator, and successful analyses of water performance samples, an on‑site visit shall be scheduled to evaluate the laboratory premises.
(c) A written report describing deviations from minimum requirements shall be prepared by the laboratory certification evaluator and submitted to the laboratory director or other responsible person. Within 30 days of receiving the written report, the laboratory shall submit a letter with supporting documents (records, reports, data, purchase orders, or other documents) showing the action taken to comply with the minimum requirements. The letter shall be sent to the laboratory certification evaluator for review.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑315;
Eff. December 1, 1991;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 23, 2017.