10A NCAC 43D .0705 PAYMENT OF WIC FOOD INSTRUMENTS and cash-value vouchers
The State of North Carolina shall:
(1) accept North Carolina WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers through the Federal Reserve and commercial banking systems;
(2) ensure that WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers are valid in accordance with Rule .0704 of this Subchapter;
(3) provide payment for all valid WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers. To the extent that sufficient funds are available in the WIC disbursing account, payment shall be provided according to established Department of Health and Human Services procedures for payment of WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers.
(4) ensure that every invalid WIC food instrument or cash-value voucher is stamped to indicate the reason for invalidity;
(5) ensure that invalid WIC food instruments and cash-value vouchers are returned to the banks from which they were received, according to established banking procedures.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑361; 42 U.S.C. 1786; 7 C.F.R. 246;
Eff. July 1, 1981;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2009; April 1, 2001;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 23, 2017.