10A NCAC 46 .0210 INDIVIDUAL (ON‑SITE) WATER SUPPLY
(a) A local health department shall provide individual (on‑site) water supply sanitation services within the jurisdiction of the local health department. A local health department shall establish, implement, and maintain written policies which shall include:
(1) Provisions for inspecting individual water supplies upon request and identifying needed improvements. When indicated, water samples are collected for bacteriological or chemical analysis in an approved manner, and the samples are submitted to a certified lab for analysis.
(2) Provisions for investigating complaints and suspected outbreaks of illness associated with water supplies. Corrective actions shall be taken in cases of valid complaints and confirmed outbreaks of illness.
(3) Provisions for keeping records of activities described in Paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this Rule.
(b) A local health department shall establish, implement, and maintain written policies for the provision of orientation and in‑service training for sanitarians. The policies shall include the following minimum requirements for sanitarians providing individual on‑site water supply services:
(1) Initial field training for newly employed sanitarians;
(2) CDC Homestudy Course 3010‑G or its equivalent as approved by the Division of Public Health; and
(3) Registration by the Board of Sanitarian Examiners.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑9;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1986;
Transferred and Recodified from 10 NCAC 12 .0236 Eff. April 4, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 5, 2016.