chapter 69 – confidentiality and accesS to client records
section .0100 – general provisions
10A NCAC 69 .0101 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following terms have the meanings specified:
(1) "Client" means any applicant for, or recipient of, public assistance or services, or someone who makes inquiries, is interviewed, or is or has been otherwise served to some extent by the agency. For purposes of this Subchapter, someone acting responsibly for the client in accordance with agency policy is subsumed under the definition of client.
(2) "Agency" means the state Division of Social Services and the county departments of social services, unless separately identified.
(3) "Client information" or "client record" means any information, whether recorded or not and including information stored in computer data banks or computer files, relating to a client which was received in connection with the performance of any function of the agency.
(4) "Director" means the head of the state Division of Social Services or the county departments of social services.
(5) "Delegated representative" means anyone designated by the director to carry out the responsibilities established by the rules in this Subchapter. Designation is implied when the assigned duties of an employee require access to confidential information.
(6) "Court order" means any oral order from a judge or a written document from a judicial official which directs explicitly the release of client information.
(7) "Service provider" means any public or private agency or individual from whom the agency purchases services, or authorizes the provision of services provided or purchased by other divisions of the Department of Human Resources.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A‑80; 143B‑153;
Eff. October 1, 1981.