10A NCAC 70E .0602 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply to the rules in Subchapter 70E:
(1) "Agency" means a child placing agency as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2 that is authorized by law to receive children for purposes of placement in foster homes or adoptive homes.
(2) "Family Foster Home" has the meaning as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2(8).
(3) "Family Foster Care" means foster care, as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2(9), that is provided in a family foster home.
(4) "Licensing Authority" means the North Carolina Division of Social Services.
(5) "Owner" means any person who holds an ownership interest of five percent or more of an applicant. A person includes a sole proprietor, co-owner, partner or shareholder, principal or affiliate, or any person who is the applicant or any owner of the applicant.
(6) "Supervising Agency" means a county department of social services or a private child-placing agency that is authorized by law to receive children for purposes of placement in foster homes or adoptive homes. Supervising agencies are responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting foster parents. Supervising agencies recommend the licensure of foster homes to the licensing authority.
(7) "Therapeutic Foster Care" means a foster home where the foster parent has received additional training in providing care to children with behavioral mental health or substance abuse problems.
(8) The "reasonable and prudent parent standard" has the meaning set forth in 131D-10.2A
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-10.1; 131D-10.2A; 131D-10.3; 131D-10.5; 143B-153;
Eff. September 1, 2007;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2017;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 3, 2017.