SECTION .0200 – SCOPE
10A NCAC 70H .0201 scope
(a) Rules in 10A NCAC 70H shall apply to all persons intending to provide adoption services which includes:
(1) the provision of casework and other supportive services to biological parents considering adoption;
(2) provision of casework and other supportive services to the child considered for adoption;
(3) provision of casework and other supportive services to adoptive applicants through pre‑placement studies;
(4) selection of home and placement process;
(5) supervision after placement;
(6) fulfillment of social and legal responsibilities;
(7) compilation and preservation of complete case records; and
(8) provision of post‑adoption consultation services.
(b) County departments of social services shall comply with requirements of 10A NCAC 70M.
(c) The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Social Services, is the licensing authority for adoption child-placing agencies.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D‑10.3; 131D‑10.5; 143B‑153;
Eff. October 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. October 3, 2017.