10A NCAC 70I .0306 CLIENT RIGHTS
(a) A residential child-care facility shall develop and implement policies and procedures to protect the individual rights and dignity of children and families.
(b) A residential child-care facility shall have a client's and family's rights policy that includes that each child has the right to:
(2) be provided food, clothing, and shelter that is sufficient and appropriate to the individual child;
(3) have access to family time and have telephone conversations with family members, when not contraindicated in the child's visitation and contact plan;
(4) have personal property and a space for storage;
(5) express opinions on issues concerning the child's care or treatment;
(6) receive care in a manner that recognizes variations in cultural values and traditions;
(7) be free from coercion by facility personnel with regard to religious decisions. The facility shall have a process to assure that, whenever practical, the wishes of the parents or guardians with regard to a child's religious participation are ascertained and followed;
(8) not be identified as a foster child in any way;
(9) not be forced to acknowledge dependency on or gratitude to the facility; and
(10) participate in extracurricular, enrichment, cultural, and social activities as appropriate and in accordance with G.S. 131D-10.2A.
(c) A residential child-care facility shall have a policy that prohibits direct involvement by a child in soliciting funds for the facility.
(d) A residential child-care facility shall have a policy that prohibits the child's participation in any activities involving audio or visual recording and research without the voluntary signed, time‑limited consent of the parents, guardian, or legal custodian and child, if 12 years of age and older.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-10.2A; 131D-10.5; 143B-153;
Eff. July 1, 1999 (See S.L. 1999, c. 237, s. 11.30);
Amended Eff. October 1, 2008; July 18, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 5, 2016;
Amended Eff. October 1, 2017.