10A NCAC 70I .0407 VOLUNTEERS
A residential child-care facility shall have a written description of the specific responsibilities and the provision of supervision of all volunteers. Volunteers shall:
(1) meet the personnel qualifications specified in 10A NCAC 70I .0404;
(2) meet the qualifications and implement the duties of the position as specified;
(3) be provided sufficient orientation, training and supervision to enable knowledge of the facility's purpose and services, the needs of children and families served and the role and responsibilities to be assumed;
(4) provide three references relevant to the role and responsibilities to be assumed;
(5) have documentation in their personnel files of a search of the Responsible Individual's List as defined in 10A NCAC 70A .0102; documentation of a criminal record check; documentation of a search conducted of the North Carolina Sex Offender, Public Protection Registry; and documentation of a search of the North Carolina Health Care Personnel Registry (pursuant to G.S. 131E-356). Volunteers shall provide signed statements prior to employment that they have not abused or neglected a child or have been a respondent in a juvenile court proceeding that resulted in the removal of a child or have had child protective services involvement that resulted in the removal of a child. Volunteers shall also provide signed statements that they have not abused, neglected or exploited a disabled adult and that they have not been a domestic violence perpetrator; and
(6) agree in writing to abide by the confidentiality policies of the agency.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-10.5; 143B-153;
Eff. July 1, 1999 (See S.L. 1999, c.237, s. 11.30);
Amended Eff. October 1, 2008;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 5, 2016.