10A NCAC 71R .0803 REQUIREMENTS FOR PROMPT PROVISION
(a) Where an individual's eligibility for a service is established in accordance with Rule .0602 of this Subchapter, the service must be provided as follows:
(1) Initial service(s) must be provided within 15 calendar days of the date the notice of eligibility is given or sent to the client; and
(2) For additional service(s) requested during an ongoing period of eligibility, the service must be provided within 30 calendar days of the date the request was received by the agency.
(b) Where a requested service cannot be provided within timeframes listed in paragraph (a),the application for the service must be denied unless, for services funded with Social Services Block Grant (Title XX) funds administered by the Division of Social Services, the agency has adopted a local waiting list policy that provides otherwise as follows:
(1) Local waiting list policies must be in writing and must be approved by the county board of social services.
(2) Local waiting list policies must designate whether the waiting list is used for purposes of meeting prompt provision requirements or to respond to inquiries about services or both.
(3) Local waiting list policies must assure that all individuals are treated equitably in terms of the manner in which they are advised of the upcoming availability of services.
(4) Local waiting list policies must ensure that an individual's name does not remain on the waiting list indefinitely without the individual being notified of the status of his/her request and the anticipated availability of the service. To this extent, the waiting list policy must designate a reasonable time period, not to exceed 90 days, that an individual's name can remain on the waiting list prior to providing the service or notifying the individual that the service cannot be provided.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑153;
Eff. July 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2007; May 1, 1990; November 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 20, 2017.