10A NCAC 71U .0212 TRANSITIONAL FOOD STAMP BENEFITS
Households shall receive transitional food stamp benefits for a period of five months when they lose their Work First Family Assistance benefits. Food Stamp benefits shall be no less than the amount received by the household prior to the termination of Work First Family Assistance benefits. The only adjustments to income shall be the deletion of the Work First Family Assistance benefits. Other sources of income shall not be re-calculated. A household is not eligible for transitional food stamp benefits if it loses Work First Family Assistance benefits for any of the following reasons:
(1) Work First Family Assistance case closes due to a sanction;
(2) Household member is disqualified from the Food Stamp Program;
(3) Household moves out of North Carolina;
(4) Household moves to another county in North Carolina; or
(5) Household received more than one Work First Family Assistance payment and a Work First Family Assistance payment is still being received.
A household may reapply for food stamp benefits during the transitional period with benefits determined according to current circumstances.
History Note: Authority G.S. 108A-51: 143B-153; P.L. 107-171;
Temporary Adoption Eff. February 1, 2003;
Eff. August 1, 2004.