10A NCAC 89B .0224 EXTENSIONS OF TIME
(a) Reasonable time extensions may be granted for the procedures in these Rules at the request of a party or at the request of both parties except for:
(1) the time for continuation of services during mediation, an appeals hearing or an administrative review as specified in Rule .0203(d) of this Section;
(2) the time for conducting the appeals hearing as specified in Rule .0207(b) of this Section which may be extended only as specified in Rule .0207(b) and (d)(4) of this Section;
(3) the time for issuance of the written notice of the formal appeals hearing as specified in Rule .0207(c) of this Section;
(4) the time to request a review of the hearing officer's decision as specified in Rule .0224(a) of this Section; and
(5) the time for the reviewing official's issuance of a final decision as specified in Rule .0224(d) of this Section.
(b) When an extension of time is being granted by the person conducting the administrative review, mediation, or the hearing officer, consideration shall be given to the effect of the extension on deadlines for other steps in the administrative review, mediation, and appeals process.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-546.1; 150B-1; 34 C.F.R. 361.57; P.L. 105-220, s. 102(c);
Eff. September 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.