10A NCAC 97B .0603 GRANT RECIPIENT'S AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN
An Affirmative Action Plan shall be submitted to the Office as part of an application for funding. All grant recipients of the Office must maintain an Affirmative Action Plan. The Affirmative Action Plan shall contain the elements listed in this Rule. These elements shall serve as criteria for an evaluation of the plan by the Office and the grant recipient. The elements are:
(1) a statement of agency policy relative to providing equal employment opportunity;
(2) measurable and attainable goals relative to employment and upgrading of minorities, women, the physically handicapped, which take into account expansion, reduction, and turnover of staff;
(3) specific action steps and timetables to assure equal employment opportunity, including identification of the organizational units or individuals responsible for carrying out the steps to achieve the goals;
(4) an analysis of current staffing patterns;
(5) provision for training and upgrading of skills of staff to ensure upward mobility;
(6) a description of continuing outreach efforts designed to reach and serve target populations;
(7) a breakdown of members of the board of directors and any policy advisory committees by race, sex, age, and handicap; and
(8) provision for continued monitoring and assessment of plan implementation, with updating of the plan as changes occur.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑276; 143B‑277; 143‑323(d);
Eff. December 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.