10A NCAC 97B .1102 MONITORING AND EVALUATION BY THE DIVISION
(a) The Office shall monitor projects administered by grant recipients of the Office. The factors to be monitored shall be:
(1) Substantial Progress. The Office will review a grant recipient's performance to determine the recipient's progress in carrying out approved activities, goal and objectives, and will take into account such factors as expenditure of funds, obligation of funds, award of third party contracts, and other measures of progress. The Office will compare a grant recipient's actual progress with the planned activities, goals, and objectives stated in the approved grant agreement. If a grant recipient's progress lags substantially behind the planned activities, goals, and objectives, further reviews may be conducted to determine the reasons for a lack of progress.
(2) Conformance with approved program. The Office will review a grant recipient's performance to determine whether the activities undertaken during the period under review conform substantially to the grant agreement, including any amendments approved by the Office.
(3) Compliance. The Office will review a grant recipient's performance to determine whether the program carried out complies with the requirements of this Subchapter, and other applicable laws and regulations.
(4) Continuing Capacity. The Office will review grant recipient's performance to determine whether the grant recipient has a continuing capacity to carry out the approved program in a timely manner.
(b) The Office shall evaluate projects administered by grant recipients of the Office. The evaluation shall involve collecting the necessary information and data to determine:
(1) program efficiency;
(2) program productivity;
(3) cost in relation to effectiveness;
(4) impact on communities and participants;
(5) implications for related programs;
(6) extent to which needs of various socio‑economic groups are met;
(7) adequacy of mechanisms for the delivery of services;
(8) the effectiveness of program in meeting the needs of poor people; and
(9) other applicable standards of effectiveness and measures of efficiency.
(c) Each grant recipient shall assure that needed personnel will be on‑site or available to participate in the monitoring and evaluation. Additionally, the grant recipient will make all pertinent administrative fiscal and programmatic data available to the Office.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑276; 143B‑277; 143‑323(d);
Eff. December 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.