10a NCAC 97C .0210 THE STATE PLAN FOR THE CSBG PROGRAM
(a) The State Plan for the CSBG Program, hereinafter referred to as the State Plan, is North Carolina's plan for carrying out this block grant program in the state. The State Plan contains provisions required by the Act, implementing regulations and commitments that the Office will administer activities funded under this Act in accordance with all federal requirements.
(b) The State Plan includes the following topics:
(1) poverty needs;
(2) goals and objectives;
(3) functions and responsibilities of the Office;
(4) designation of eligible agencies;
(5) allocation of funds;
(6) fiscal controls and procedures; and
(7) how the state will carry out all the assurances set forth of the Act.
(c) A new State Plan shall be submitted annually to the Secretary of Health and Human Services for each federal fiscal year.
(d) The State Plan may be amended during the year if:
(1) a new or amended federal statute or regulation requires a new plan provision or conflicts with any existing plan provision;
(2) a U.S. Supreme Court decision changes the interpretation of a statute or regulation;
(3) the state changes the designation of the state agency or adds, substantially modifies, or deletes any statewide program goal; or
(4) other circumstances warrant a change.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑276; 143B‑277; 143‑323(d); 45 C.F.R., Parts 16, 74, and 96;
Eff. December 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. April 25, 2015.