SUBCHAPTER 05D – PYROTECHNICS
SECTION .0100 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
11 NCAC 05D .0101 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter:
(1) "Assistant display operator" means an individual who assists the operator in exhibiting, using, handling, manufacturing, or discharging pyrotechnics at a concert or public exhibition in this State.
(2) "ATF" means the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(3) "Display Operator" means an individual who exhibits, uses, handles, manufactures, or discharges pyrotechnics at a concert or public exhibition in this State.
(4) "NFPA" means the National Fire Protection Association.
(5) "OSFM" means the Office of State Fire Marshal in the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
(6) "Permit" means a display operator permit.
(7) "Permittee" means an individual to whom a display operator permit has been issued by OSFM under Article 82A of Chapter 58 of the General Statutes and this Subchapter.
(8) "Proximate audience display" means a display of special effects fireworks that occurs within a building or structure or that occurs outside before an audience closer than 75 feet to the pyrotechnics in accordance with NFPA 1126.
(9) "Proximate Operators Permit" means a permit for an operator for pyrotechnic devices used for special effects by professionals in the performing arts in conjunction with theatrical, musical, or other productions that are similar to consumer fireworks in chemical compositions and construction, but are not intended for consumer use and are not labeled as such.
(10) "Pyrotechnics" has the same meaning as in G.S. 14-414.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58-82A-1;
Eff. February 1, 2010.