11 NCAC 06A .0703 PROGRAM DIRECTORS
(a) All program directors shall be approved by the Commissioner in accordance with the provisions of this Section.
(b) A person desiring approval as a program director shall make written application to the Commissioner upon a form prescribed by the Commissioner.
(c) Applications must be endorsed by the president/chief operating officer of the sponsoring educational institution, company, agency or association. If the employing school is not currently approved by the Commissioner, an application for school approval shall be submitted along with the application for program director approval.
(d) The Commissioner shall approve an applicant as a program director upon finding that the applicant is recommended by the president/chief operating officer of the sponsoring educational institution, company, agency or association; has submitted all information required by the Commissioner; possesses good character and reputation; and:
(1) Holds a baccalaureate or higher degree and has at least two years of experience as an instructor of insurance or as an educational administrator;
(2) Holds a baccalaureate or higher degree and has at least six years of experience in the insurance industry with a minimum of two years of experience in insurance management;
(3) Is a full‑time college or faculty member who regularly teaches risk management or insurance courses; or
(4) Has education and experience that are found by the Commissioner to be equivalent to the qualifications described in Subparagraphs (d)(1) and (d)(2) of this Rule.
(e) Program director approval shall be valid for an indefinite period, subject to future changes in laws or regulations regarding approval of program directors.
(f) The Commissioner shall deny, revoke, or suspend the approval of any program director upon finding that:
(1) The program director fails to meet the criteria for approval provided by this Rule;
(2) The program director has failed to comply with any provisions of this Section;
(3) The program director's employment has been terminated by any sponsoring educational institution/company;
(4) The program director provided false information to the Commissioner when making application for approval;
(5) The program director has at any time had an insurance license denied, suspended or revoked by the North Carolina Department of Insurance or any other insurance department, or has ever been required to return a license while under investigation; or
(6) The program director has obtained or used, or attempted to obtain or use, in any manner or form, examination questions.
(g) In all proceedings to deny, revoke, or suspend approval, the provisions of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes shall be applicable.
(h) When a program director's approval is discontinued, the procedure for reinstatement is to apply as a new program director, with a statement of the reasons that he is now eligible for reconsideration. The Commissioner may require an investigation before new approval is granted.
(i) An approved program director shall inform the Commissioner of any change in program affiliation by filing an application for program director approval prior to directing a new program.
(j) The program director is responsible for the actions of the approved school's instructors.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58‑2‑40; 58‑33‑30(d); 58-33-132;
Eff. February 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2008; October 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.