11 NCAC 06A .0803 COURSES SPECIFICALLY APPROVED
(a) Courses that are necessary to obtain the following nationally recognized designations are approved for 18 ICECs upon successful completion of the national examination for each part:
(1) Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI);
(2) Associate in Claims (AIC);
(3) Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM);
(4) Associate in Risk Management (ARM);
(5) Associate in Underwriting (AU);
(6) Certified Employees Benefit Specialist (CEBS);
(7) Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC);
(8) Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU);
(9) Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU);
(10) Fellow Life Management Institute (FLMI);
(11) General Insurance (INS);
(12) Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow, 26 week (LUTCF);
(13) Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
(b) Courses that are necessary to obtain the following nationally recognized designations are approved for an amount of ICECs to be determined by the Commissioner under this Section.
(1) Agency Management Training Course Graduate;
(2) Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC);
(3) Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR);
(4) Certified Professional Service Representative (CPSR);
(5) Fraternal Insurance Counselor (FIC);
(6) Health Insurance Associate (HIA);
(7) Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow, 13 weeks (LUTCF);
(8) Registered Health Underwriter (RHU).
(c) Courses that are taught by a college or university that is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools or by an accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are approved for a number of ICECs to be determined by the Commissioner under this Section.
(d) Any course prepared by the Commissioner is approved as a component of each resident licensee's continuing education requirement for a number of ICECs to be determined by the Commissioner under this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58‑2‑40; 58‑33‑130;
Temporary Adoption Eff. June 22, 1990, for a period of 180 days to expire on December 19, 1990;
ARRC Objection Lodged July 19, 1990;
Eff. December 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2007; February 1, 1995; June 1, 1992;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.