11 NCAC 08 .1108 ROOFING
(a) The home inspector shall inspect:
(1) Roof coverings;
(2) Roof drainage systems;
(4) Skylights, chimneys, and roof penetrations; and
(5) Signs of leaks or abnormal condensation on building components.
(b) The home inspector shall:
(1) Describe the type of roof covering materials; and
(2) Report the methods used to inspect the roofing.
(c) The home inspector is not required to:
(1) Walk on the roofing; or
(2) Inspect attached accessories including solar systems, antennae, and lightning arrestors.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49;
Codifier determined that agency findings did not meet criteria for temporary rule Eff. October 15, 1996;
Temporary Adoption Eff. October 24, 1996;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2005; July 1, 1998.