11 NCAC 08 .1112 AIR CONDITIONING
(a) The home inspector shall inspect:
(1) Central air conditioning and through-the-wall installed cooling systems including:
(A) Cooling and air handling equipment; and
(B) Normal operating controls.
(2) Distribution systems including:
(A) Fans, pumps, ducts and piping, with associated supports, dampers, insulation, air filters, registers, fan-coil units; and
(B) The presence or absence of an installed cooling source for each habitable space.
(b) The home inspector shall describe:
(1) Energy sources; and
(2) Cooling equipment type.
(c) The home inspector shall operate the systems using normal operating controls.
(d) The home inspector shall open readily openable access panels provided by the manufacturer or installer for routine homeowner maintenance.
(e) The home inspector is not required to:
(1) Operate cooling systems when weather conditions or other circumstances may cause equipment damage;
(2) Inspect window air conditioners; or
(3) Inspect the uniformity or adequacy of cool-air supply to the various rooms.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49;
Codifier determined that agency findings did not meet criteria for temporary rule Eff. October 15, 1996;
Temporary Adoption Eff. October 24, 1996;
Eff. July 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2007; April 1, 2005; May 1, 2003.