11 NCAC 08 .1114 INSULATION AND VENTILATION
(a) The home inspector shall inspect:
(1) Insulation and vapor retarders in unfinished spaces;
(2) Ventilation of attics and foundation areas;
(3) Kitchen, bathroom, and laundry venting systems; and
(4) The operation of any readily accessible attic ventilation fan, and, when temperature permits, the operation of any readily accessible thermostatic control.
(b) The home inspector shall describe:
(1) Insulation in unfinished spaces; and
(2) The absence of insulation in unfinished space at conditioned surfaces.
(c) The home inspector is not required to report on:
(1) Concealed insulation and vapor retarders; or
(2) Venting equipment that is integral with household appliances.
(d) The home inspector shall:
(1) Move insulation where readily visible evidence indicates the possibility of a problem; and
(2) Move floor insulation where plumbing drain/waste pipes penetrate floors, adjacent to earth-filled stoops or porches, and at exterior doors.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49;
Codifier determined that agency findings did not meet criteria for temporary rule Eff. October 15, 1996;
Temporary Adoption Eff. October 24, 1996;
Eff. July 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2007; April 1, 2005; May 1, 2003.