11 NCAC 08 .1337 DENIAL OR WITHDRAWAL OF APPROVAL OF COURSE OR COURSE SPONSOR
(a) The Board shall deny or withdraw approval of any course or course sponsor upon finding that:
(1) the course sponsor has made any false statements or presented any false information in connection with an application for course or sponsor approval or renewal of the approval;
(2) the course sponsor or any official or instructor employed by or under contract with the course sponsor has refused or failed to comply with any of the provisions of this Section;
(3) the course sponsor or any official or instructor employed by or under contract with the course sponsor has provided false or incorrect information in connection with any reports the course sponsor is required to submit to the Board;
(4) the course sponsor has engaged in a pattern of consistently canceling scheduled courses;
(5) the course sponsor has knowingly paid fees to the Board with a check that was dishonored by a bank;
(6) an instructor employed by or under contract with the course sponsor fails to conduct approved courses in a manner that demonstrates possession of the teaching skills described in Rule .1345 of this Section;
(7) any court of competent jurisdiction has found the course sponsor or any official or instructor employed by or under contract with the course sponsor to have violated, in connection with the offering of continuing education courses, any applicable federal or state law or regulation prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability, requiring places of public accommodation to be in compliance with prescribed accessibility standards, or requiring that courses related to licensing or certification for professional or trade purposes be offered in a place and manner accessible to persons with disabilities;
(b) If a licensee who is an approved course sponsor or an instructor employed by or under contract with an approved course sponsor engages in any dishonest, fraudulent, or conduct inconsistent with the Rules in this Section in connection with the licensee's activities as a course sponsor or instructor, the licensee shall be subject to disciplinary action pursuant to G.S. 143-151.56.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49(13); 143-151.64;
Eff. July 18, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. January 9, 2018.