11 NCAC 08 .1345 INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
(a) Instructors shall assure that class sessions are started on time and are conducted for the full amount of time that is scheduled. Instructors shall also assure that each update course is taught according to the instructor guide provided by the Board and that each elective course is taught according to the course plan and instructor guide that was approved by the Board, including the furnishing of appropriate student materials.
(b) Instructors shall possess the ability to:
(1) Communicate through speech, with the ability to speak clearly, and with voice inflection, using proper grammar, and vocabulary;
(2) Present instruction in a thorough, accurate, logical, orderly and understandable manner;
(3) Use varied instructional techniques in addition to straight lecture, such as class discussion, role-playing, or other techniques;
(4) Use instructional aids, such as the overhead projector, to enhance learning; and
(5) Interact with adult students in a positive manner that encourages students to learn, that demonstrates an understanding of varied student backgrounds, that avoids offending the sensibilities of students, and that avoids personal criticism of any other person, agency or organization.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-151.49(13); 143-151.64;
Eff. July 18, 2002.