11 NCAC 08 .1405 ACCREDITATION STANDARDS
(a) Prospective sponsors of CE courses shall apply for approval from the Board by submitting the following information to the Board for consideration:
(1) The nature and purpose of the course;
(2) The course objectives or goals;
(3) The outline of the course, including the number of training hours for each segment;
(4) Copies of all handouts and materials to be furnished to students;
(5) The identity, qualifications, and experience of each instructor; and
(6) Inclement weather policies for courses conducted outdoors.
(b) A nonrefundable fee of one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00), in the form of check, money order, VISA, or MasterCard, payable to the North Carolina Manufactured Housing Board, must be received by the Board for each course submitted for approval. The Board will not review a prospective course application before receiving the fee.
(c) To determine if a course will receive approval, the Board shall complete the following review:
(1) The course shall be referred to the staff for review;
(2) The staff shall review the course to determine if the course is pertinent to the industry, if the course meets its stated objectives, and if the instructor(s) meets the requirements of 11 NCAC 08 .1418; and
(3) The staff shall issue written documentation of approval to the course sponsor, with copies to the Board, for all courses deemed to be acceptable. A written report shall be issued to the course sponsor for all courses found not to be acceptable, documenting specific reasons for the disapproval. A course sponsor may appeal the staff's disapproval of a course to the Board and be heard at the next scheduled meeting of the Board.
(d) Once a course has been approved, neither the content of the course nor any handouts or any teaching aids may be changed without prior written approval from the staff.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-143.10; 143-143.11B; 143-143.25;
Eff. August 1, 2002.