11 NCAC 12 .0312 ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFIT: INHALATION OF GAS: ETC
A policy or rider providing benefits for accidental death may not exclude the following:
(1) The involuntary inhalation of gas and fumes and the involuntary taking of poison.
(2) Accidental death as a result of involuntary exposure to nuclear explosion, nuclear energy or nuclear elements.
(3) The involuntary exposure to hazardous waste and other toxins.
(4) Unintentionally self‑inflicted bodily injury.
(5) Bacterial infection resulting from accidental injury.
(6) Accidental ptomaine poisoning.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58‑2‑40; 58‑3‑30; 58‑3‑150; 58‑51‑1; 58‑51‑95;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. September 26, 1978;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1992; April 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 1, 2018.