11 NCAC 13 .0403 MOTOR CLUB LICENSING PROCEDURES
(a) Applicants must meet minimum qualifications as set forth in G.S. 58, Article 69.
(b) Applicants must submit a properly completed "Application for Motor Club License" to the Division. The following items shall be attached to and made a part of the application:
(1) a duly authenticated copy of the applicant's articles of incorporation, together with all amendments and supplements thereto;
(2) a duly authenticated copy of the applicant's constitution and by‑laws;
(3) if the applicant is a foreign corporation, a copy of the certificate of authority to transact business in this state issued by the North Carolina Secretary of State;
(4) copies of all membership solicitation material, insurance certificates, membership cards, emblems, service contracts and any other material supplied to members or prospective members by the applicant;
(5) a current audited financial statement of the applicant, proposed by a certified public accountant or by a qualified independent accountant who is engaged in the public practice of accounting, not more than three months prior to the date the application is submitted to the Department of Insurance;
(6) a surety bond or deposit of securities as specified in G.S. 58-69-10;
(7) a complete summary of the applicant's plan of operation in the State of North Carolina;
(8) a check in the amount of the license fee as specified in G.S. 58-69-10 (made payable to the North Carolina Department of Insurance); and
(9) such other data and information as the Commissioner of Insurance may deem reasonably necessary to enable him to determine, in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 58-69-15, whether or not a license should be issued to the applicant.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58-2-40; 58-69-10; 58-69-20(4), (5);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. April 8, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.