11 NCAC 13 .0503 BAIL BONDSMAN OR RUNNER LICENSING PROCEDURES
(a) Applicants must meet minimum qualifications as stated in G.S. 58, Article 71.
(b) Applicants must submit a properly completed "Bail Bondsman Application" to the Division. The following items where applicable shall be attached to and made a part of the application:
(1) a certified copy of the power of attorney given to a runner applicant by the professional bondsman for whom he will sign bonds;
(2) a properly completed power of attorney as set forth in G.S. 58-71-155 if the applicant will make a security deposit with the Commissioner of Insurance;
(3) if the applicant will be employed by another bail bondsman, a sworn statement as set forth in G.S. 58-71-65;
(4) a complete set of the applicants fingerprints certified by an authorized law enforcement officer in compliance with G.S. 58-71-50;
(5) a security deposit as required under G.S. 58-71-145;
(6) check in the amount of the license fee as specified in G.S. 58-71-55 (made payable to the North Carolina Department of Insurance);
(7) check in the amount of the examination fee as specified in G.S. 58-71-70;
(8) such other data and information as the Commissioner of Insurance may deem reasonably necessary to assist him in determining whether or not the applicant is entitled to the license sought.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58-2-40; 58-71-40; 58-71-5(a); 58-71-50;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. April 8, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 25, 2016.