11 NCAC 16 .0105 PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
All companies that insure more than two percent of the insured physicians and surgeons in North Carolina shall by April 1 of each year submit the following data on an annual basis evaluated as of December 31 to the Actuarial Services Division. (Note: If a company does not currently collect any data required by this Rule, then that company shall commence as of the effective date of this Rule to collect such data prospectively.)
(1) Number of insured doctors by specialty (North Carolina only);
(2) Basic limits losses and ultimate claims for the most recent ten accident or report years (North Carolina and countrywide);
(3) Class one frequency, basic limits severity, and basic limits pure premium for the most recent ten accident or report years (North Carolina and countrywide);
(4) Exposure distributions separately by class, by maturity, and by increased limits factor for the most recent ten calendar years (North Carolina only);
(5) Percentage of claims closed with neither a loss payment nor an allocated loss adjustment payment and the percentage of claims closed with only an allocated loss adjustment payment for the most recent ten calendar and for the most recent ten accident or report years (North Carolina only).
History Note: Authority G.S. 58‑2‑40(1); 58‑2‑190; 58‑41‑50(e)(14);
Eff. December 1, 1990.