11 NCAC 18 .0103 FILING REQUIREMENTS
(a) All communications and filings shall be made to the Deputy Commissioner, Life and Health Division, North Carolina Department of Insurance, 1201 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1201.
(b) To apply for licensure, an applicant shall submit the following information required by G.S. 58-49-50:
(1) A Form MEWA-1 entitled "Application for License for Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangement (MEWA)";
(2) A Form MEWA-3A entitled "Biographical Affidavit," for all officers, directors, and trustees of the MEWA that shall contain information to enable the Commissioner to determine if such persons are disqualified pursuant to G.S. 58‑49‑40(e);
(3) A list of all names, addresses, and telephone numbers of participating employers and the number of employees covered by the MEWA;
(4) A statement of the reasons for applying for a North Carolina MEWA license;
(5) A description of how the MEWA proposes to develop and supervise its operations in North Carolina;
(6) The name, title, and qualifications of the person who will be responsible for the MEWA's operation in North Carolina (the managing general agent if the MEWA is domiciled outside of North Carolina); and
(7) The location of and a description of the office facilities that will be provided by the MEWA in North Carolina.
(c) All forms may be obtained from the Department's website at http://www.ncdoi.com/LH/Licensing,_Renewals_and_Other_-_MEWA.aspx#Certificate. Every application shall contain a certification that any changes to the information required by G.S. 58‑49‑50 and this Rule shall be reported to the Commissioner.
(d) During the pendency of an application, the MEWA shall update the Commissioner of any changes in the required information, statements, documents, and materials.
(e) An application for a license is not complete until the MEWA has satisfied the Commissioner that the MEWA is in compliance with all of the requirements of Article 49 of General Statute Chapter 58 and this Section. The Commissioner shall not process an incomplete application.
(f) All financial information required by G.S. 58‑49‑50 and the rules of this Section shall be prepared in accordance with statutory accounting principles.
(g) Any change in the information required by Article 49 of General Statute Chapter 58 or by this Section shall, unless otherwise specified in that Article or in this Section, be reported to the Commissioner within two business days after such change.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58‑2‑40(1); 58‑49‑40; 58‑49‑50; 58‑49‑60;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Readopted Eff. December 1, 2017.