CHAPTER 21 ‑ THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATORS
SECTION .0100 ‑ GENERAL PROVISIONS
11 NCAC 21 .0101 DEFINITIONS: LICENSE APPLICATIONS
(a) The definitions in G.S. 58-56-2 are incorporated into this Chapter by reference.
(b) In addition to those items listed in G.S. 58-56-51, the following items shall be filed in order to constitute a complete application for initial or renewal TPA licensure:
(1) Transmittal form;
(2) An application for administrator's license;
(3) Biographical form(s) completed by principal officers;
(4) A narrative description specifying the TPA's services performed in North Carolina;
(5) A power of attorney duly executed by the TPA, if not domiciled in North Carolina, appointing the Commissioner as attorney for the TPA in and for this State, upon whom process in any legal action or proceeding against the TPA on a cause of action arising in this State may be served;
(6) Internal controls narrative; and
(7) Administrator's questionnaire.
(c) Copies of all forms may be obtained from the Department.
History Note: Authority G.S. 58-2-40; 58-16-30; 58-56-2; 58-56-51;
Eff. June 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014.