12 NCAC 09B .0607 PROCEDURAL CONSIDERATIONS
(a) Candidate Status:
(1) An institution will be eligible to remain in Candidate Status for no more than four years after the date that the application is received.
(2) If at any time during the four‑year period it is considered that the institution is not making reasonable progress toward meeting criteria for approval, the Program Evaluation Committee will withdraw Candidate Status and notify the institution in writing. The notification will set forth the reasons for the Program Evaluation Committee's withdrawal of status, and give notice of procedures for appeal.
(b) Certified Status:
(1) Programs in this status will be re‑certified at such time as the institution is scheduled for reaccreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities, or at the end of a ten year period, at the discretion of the institution.
(2) The Commission reserves the right to withdraw certification or to place an institution on probationary status at such time as evidence is brought to the Commission's attention indicating substantial failure to meet or maintain criteria for certification. The program shall remain in this status until certification is restored or revoked by the Commission. An institution will be given a reasonable period of time to rectify the problem. This period of time shall not exceed two years.
(3) The Commission should be informed of significant program changes. Where the changes alter the nature and scope of the program, or appear to the Commission to be detrimental, the Commission may require a reevaluation of the program.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑6(b)(10);
Eff. January 1, 1985.