12 NCAC 09E .0110 in-service training coordinator RESPONSIBILITIES
In planning, developing, coordinating, and delivering each Commission-mandated in-service training course, the In-Service Training Coordinator shall:
(1) administer the delivery of the course curriculum in accordance with the curriculum standards established in this Subchapter;
(2) select and schedule instructors who are certified by the Commission;
(3) ensure that each instructor utilizes a current Commission‑approved lesson plan;
(4) monitor, or designate a certified instructor to monitor, the presentations of instructors during course deliveries and prepare written evaluations on their performance and suitability for subsequent instructional assignments. The observations shall be of sufficient duration to ensure the instructor is using the Instructional System Design model, and that the delivery is objective based, documented by and consistent with a Commission recognized lesson plan. For each topic area, the in-service training coordinator's evaluation shall be based upon the course delivery observations, the instructor's use of a Commission recognized lesson plan, and the results of the student evaluation of the instructor. For probationary instructors, these evaluations shall be prepared on Commission forms and forwarded to the Commission. Based on this evaluation, the In-Service Training Coordinator shall have the responsibility for recommending approval or denial of requests for General Instructor Certification. For all other instructors, these evaluations shall be prepared on Commission forms in accordance with Commission standards as set out in this Chapter. These evaluations shall be kept on file by the agency for a period of three years and shall be made available for inspection by a representative of the Commission upon request. In the event the evaluation of an instructor indicates that his or her performance was less than acceptable, the In-Service Training Coordinator shall forward a copy of the evaluation to the Commission. Any designated certified instructor who is evaluating the instructional presentation of another instructor shall, at a minimum, hold certification in the same instructional topic area as that for which the instructor is being evaluated.
(5) maintain records of all in-service training received by the agency's officers which include:
(a) course title;
(b) delivery hours of course;
(c) course delivery dates;
(d) names and addresses of instructors utilized for each topic;
(e) a roster of enrolled trainees documenting class attendance; and
(f) test scores from in-service training.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C‑6;
Eff. January 1, 2006.