12 NCAC 09F .0105 INSTRUCTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
In delivering the "Concealed Carry Handgun Training" course the instructor shall:
(1) file a copy of the proposed firearms course description, outline, and proof of instructor certification along with a written request to conduct the "Concealed Carry Handgun Training" course for approval by the Commission prior to delivery of any instruction under G.S. 14-415.12;
(2) file a copy of any modification(s);
(3) be issued by Commission staff a quantity of certificates as requested by the instructor for course participants which shall bear the instructor's name, the instructor's assigned number, be sequentially numbered, and bear the raised seal by the Commission;
(4) affix the student's name to one certificate and issue that certificate to the student who successfully completes the "Concealed Carry Handgun Training" course;
(5) conduct the training consistent with the guidelines as established in 12 NCAC 09F .0102;
(6) administer a written examination to the student on the legal issues block of instruction to demonstrate that the student is knowledgeable in the laws of this State governing the carrying of a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force; and
(7) administer a proficiency examination which shall demonstrate that the student is competent in the actual firing and safe handling of a handgun. Such examination shall include the following:
(a) The student shall fire 30 rounds of ammunition at a bulls-eye or silhouette target from three, five and seven yard distances;
(b) At each yard distance the student shall fire ten rounds;
(c) 21 of the 30 rounds fired by the student must hit the target.
History Note: Authority G.S. 14-415.12; 14-415.13;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 1, 1995;
Eff. May 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2004.