12 NCAC 09F .0106 SANCTIONS
(a) The Commission shall suspend an approved course when the Commission finds that the course has failed to meet or maintain the required standards for approval, pursuant to Rule .0103 of this Section.
(b) The Commission, through the Standards Division, shall randomly conduct unannounced audits of a Concealed Carry Handgun course taught by a certified Concealed Carry Handgun instructor for compliance with the requirements of this Subchapter.
(c) The Commission shall deny, suspend, or revoke the certification of instructor status when the Commission finds that the instructor:
(1) failed to meet or maintain the required course and instruction standards approved by the Commission as set forth in 12 NCAC 09F .0102;
(2) failed to submit modification of courses or change in instructor status;
(3) submitted any non-sufficient funds check;
(4) falsified any record of completion with a passing score of an approved course;
(5) distributed any certificate provided by the Commission without the named permittee undertaking the approved course from that instructor;
(6) taught any Concealed Carry Handgun course or approved certification while the instructor's certification was suspended by the Commission; or
(7) is ineligible to receive and possess a firearm under federal or North Carolina state law.
(d) Instructors who have lost certified status pursuant to Subparagraphs (1), (2), or (3) of Paragraph (c) of this Rule may reapply for certification upon documentation of compliance after one year has elapsed from the date of suspension of the instructor's certification by the Commission. Instructors who have lost certified status pursuant to Subparagraphs (4), (5), (6), or (7) of Paragraph (c) of this Rule shall have their certification suspended or permanently revoked by the Commission.
History Note: Authority G.S. 14-415.12; 14-415.13;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 1, 1995;
Eff. May 1, 1996;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2016; February 1, 2007; September 1, 2005; May 1, 2004.