12 NCAC 09G .0405 CERTIFICATION OF SCHOOL DIRECTORS
(a) Any person designated to act as, or who performs the duties of, a School Director in the delivery or presentation of a Commission-certified corrections training course shall be and continuously remain certified by the Commission as a School Director.
(b) To qualify for initial certification as a corrections School Director, an applicant shall:
(1) Attend and successfully complete a Commission-certified instructor training course or an equivalent instructor training program as determined by the Commission (if certified after January 1, 2006);
(2) present documentary evidence showing that the applicant:
(A) is a high school graduate or has received a high school equivalency credential as recognized by the issuing state and has acquired five years of practical experience as a criminal justice officer, corrections officer, or as an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the corrections system. At least one year of the required five years experience must have been while actively participating in corrections training as a Commission‑certified instructor;
(B) has been awarded an associate degree and has acquired four years of practical experience as a criminal justice officer, corrections officer, or as an administrator or specialist in a field directly related to the corrections system. At least one year of the required four years experience must have been while directly participating in corrections training as a Commission‑certified instructor; or
(C) has been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
(3) attend or have attended the most current offering of the School Director's orientation as developed and presented by the Commission staff, otherwise an individual orientation with a staff member shall be required; and
(4) submit a completed Form F-10(SD), Request for School Director Certification to the Commission for the issuance of such certification. This request shall be executed by the executive officer of the Office of Staff Development and Training of the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice. The Form F-10(SD) is located on the agency's website: http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/f23e5e4d-d56d-4aba-af1e-44712690d5d5/F-10(SD)-6-11.aspx.
(c) To qualify for certification as a School Director in the presentation of the "Criminal Justice Instructor Training Course" an applicant shall:
(1) document that he or she has been awarded a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
(2) present evidence showing successful completion of a Commission‑certified instructor training course or an equivalent instructor training program as determined by the Commission;
(3) be currently certified as a criminal justice instructor by the Commission; and
(4) document successful participation in a special program presented by the Justice Academy for purposes of familiarization and supplementation relevant to delivery of the instructor training course and trainee evaluation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17C-6;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 1, 2001;
Temporary Adoption Expired December 20, 2001;
Temporary Adoption Eff. April 15, 2003;
Eff. April 1, 2004;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2016; January 1, 2006.