12 Ncac 10b .0304 MEDICAL EXAMINATION
(a) Each applicant for certification or enrollee in a Commission-certified basic training course shall complete, sign, and date the Commission's Medical History Statement Form (F‑1) and shall be examined by a either a physician, surgeon, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, or other licensed independent practitioner who is licensed in North Carolina or who is authorized to practice medicine in accordance with the rules and regulations of the United States Armed Forces to help determine his or her fitness to carry out the physical requirements of the position of justice officer. Effective January 1, 2018, Telecommunicators who have not previously held certification with this Commission, but who have been continuously employed by an entity other than a Sheriff's Office, and who have previously provided a valid Medical History Statement (F-1) and Medical Examination Report (F-2) for admission into a Commission accredited Telecommunicator Certification Course shall not be required to submit additional F-1 and F-2 forms for the purpose of obtaining certification.
(b) Prior to conducting the examination, the physician, surgeon, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, or other licensed independent practitioner shall:
(1) read the "Medical Screening Guidelines Implementation Manual for Certification of Justice Officers" in the State of North Carolina as published by the North Carolina Department of Justice. Copies of this publication may be obtained at no cost by contacting the North Carolina Department of Justice, Sheriffs' Standards Division, PO Box 629, Raleigh, North Carolina 27602;
(2) read, sign, and date the Medical History Statement Form (F-1); and
(3) read the F-2A Form attached to the Medical Examination Report Form (F-2).
(c) The examining physician, surgeon, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, or other licensed independent practitioner shall record the results of the examination on the Medical Examination Report Form (F-2) and shall sign and date the form.
(d) The Medical Examination Report Form (F-2) and the Medical History Statement Form (F-1) shall be valid one year after the date the examination was conducted and shall be completed prior to:
(1) the applicant's beginning the Detention Officer Certification Course, the Basic Law Enforcement Training Course, or the Telecommunicator Certification Course; and
(2) the applicant's applying to the Commission for Certification.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑7;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1996; January 1, 1993; January 1, 1991; January 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2018; January 1, 2009; August 1, 2002; April 1, 2001; August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.