12 NCAC 10B .0407 CERTIFICATION OF FORMER SHERIFF
(a) The Division shall issue a General Certification to any person as either a deputy sheriff, a detention officer, or telecommunicator who has previously served as an elected or appointed sheriff, if the person:
(1) applies to the Commission within one year of ceasing to serve as an elected or appointed sheriff; and
(2) has served as an elected or appointed sheriff for a minimum of eight years; and
(3) left the office of sheriff in good standing.
(b) In order for an officer to be certified under this Rule .0407, there must be:
(1) compliance with the Report of Appointment form requirement of Rule .0403 of this Section;
(2) submitted to the Division, a copy of the Oath of Office for applicants requesting certification as a deputy sheriff; and
(3) submitted to the Division verification that the applicant meets the requirement of this Rule .0407(a)(2).
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑4; 17E‑7;
Eff. January 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1996;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 6, 2018.