12NCAC 10B .0705 QUALIFICATIONS TO ACT AS SCHOOL DIRECTORS
Any person designated to act as, or who performs the duties of, a school director in the delivery or presentation of a commission‑accredited detention officer training course shall meet the following qualifications prior to commencing duties as such. Any designated school director will continuously maintain these qualifications during service as a school director.
(1) Submit a written designation as school director executed by the executive officer of the institution or agency currently accredited, or which may be seeking accreditation, by the Commission to make presentation of accredited training programs;
(2) Be certified as a criminal justice instructor by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission;
(3) Attend or must have attended the most current offering of the school director's orientation as developed and presented by the Commission staff;
(4) Attend or must have attended the most current offering of the school director's conference as presented by the Commission staff and staff of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and Standards Division;
(5) Not have had any type of certification issued from this Commission, from the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission, or from any commission, agency, or board established to certify pursuant to said commission, agency or boards' standards, which was revoked, suspended or denied for cause and such period of sanction is still in effect at the time of designation;
(6) Perform the duties and responsibilities of a school director as specifically required in Rule .0704;
(7) Maintain an updated copy of the "Detention Officer Certification Training Manual" assigned to each accredited school; and
(8) Ensure compliance with the Commission's accreditation requirements as set forth in 12 NCAC 10B .0703 and .0802.
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑4;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; August 1, 1998; January 1, 1996; January 1, 1992; January 1, 1991.