12 NCAC 10B .2102 INSTRUCTORS
The following requirements and responsibilities are hereby established for instructors who conduct the Deputy Sheriffs' and Detention Officers' In‑Service Firearms Training and Requalification Program:
(1) The instructor who performs the range qualification shall hold "Specific Instructor Certification‑Firearms" issued by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission.
(2) The instructor who teaches the classroom instruction regarding use of force may either hold a Professional Lecturer Certfication as set out in 12 NCAC 09B .0306(a)(1); 12 NCAC 10B .0906, or .0916 or hold a "Specific Certification‑Firearms" issued by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission;
(3) The instructor shall deliver the training consistent with the minimum specifications as established by 12 NCAC 10B .2103 and .2104; and shall be present at all times during which said training is being conducted to personally provide all supervision, classroom training, range training, and scoring for certification purposes;
(4) The instructor shall document the successful or unsuccessful completion of training for each officer on a commission Firearms Requalification Record Form and forward such form to each officer's sheriff; and
(5) The instructor shall submit to the sheriff copies of all courses of fire used for qualification of deputy sheriffs and detention officers in compliance with 12 NCAC 10B .2101(1).
History Note: Authority G.S. 17E‑4; 17E‑7;
Eff. January 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1995; January 1, 1993; January 1, 1991;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2013; August 1, 1998.