13 NCAC 06 .0102 PURPOSE: RESPONSIBILITIES
Through the administration and enforcement of the North Carolina Mine Safety and Health Act, the division works to ensure the safe operation of mines and quarries. Under the supervision of the commissioner, the division is responsible for:
(1) making periodic inspections of mines and quarries throughout the state,
(2) investigating accidents relating to safety and health in a mine in the state,
(3) collecting information and maintaining records regarding the ownership and operation of mines in the state,
(4) conducting education and training programs for miners and mine operators throughout the state,
(5) providing technical assistance to miners and mine operators throughout the state,
(6) conducting research in the area of mine health and safety.
History Note: Authority G.S. 74‑24.17; 74‑24.13; 74‑24.16;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. September 30, 1977.