13 NCAC 07A .0103 DEFINITIONS
(a) The following definitions shall apply throughout this Chapter:
(1) Act. The Occupational Safety and Health Act of North Carolina, G.S. 95, Article 16;
(2) Division. The Division of Occupational Safety and Health, or OSHA, name used to denote the office of occupational safety and health;
(3) Director. The Director of the Office of Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Occupational Safety and Health, or OSHA;
(4) Days. Calendar days unless otherwise specified. In computing 20 calendar days the day of receipt of any notice shall not be included, but the last day of the 20 calendar days shall be included;
(5) Working days. Days of the week from Monday through Friday, but shall not include Saturdays, Sundays or state holidays. In computing 15 working days, the day of receipt of any notice shall not be included, but the last day of the 15 working days shall be included;
(6) Inspection. Any inspection of an employer's factory, plant, establishment, construction site, or other area, workplace or environment where work is performed by an employee of an employer, and includes any inspection conducted pursuant to a complaint filed, any reinspection, follow-up inspection, accident investigation or other inspection conducted pursuant to G.S. 95-136 or 95-136.1.
(b) The definitions and interpretations contained in G.S. 95-127 of the Act shall be applicable to such terms when used in this Chapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 95‑127; 95‑136(g);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. September 30, 1977;
Amended Eff. August 2, 1993; July 1, 1988; September 20, 1976;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 1, 2016.