SECTION .0300 ‑ ADMINISTRATIVE LAW PROCEDURES
21 NCAC 19 .0301 PETITIONS FOR RULEMAKING HEARINGS
(a) Any person may petition the Board to adopt a new rule or to amend or repeal an existing rule by sending a written petition for rulemaking to the Board at the Board's mailing address. The petition must be entitled "Petition for Rulemaking" and must include the following information:
(1) the name and address of the person submitting the petition;
(2) a citation to any rule for which an amendment or repeal is requested;
(3) a draft of any proposed new rule or amended rule;
(4) an explanation for the request, with any supporting information the petitioner believes is relevant and wishes the Board to consider; and
(5) an identification of the persons or class of persons most likely to be affected by the proposed action.
(b) The Board shall decide whether to grant or deny the petition and may request additional information. When the Board denies a petition, the notice of denial shall state the reason.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88A‑6; 150B‑20;
Eff. August 3, 1992;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 1, 2018.