21 NCAC 19 .0409 CLIENT EVALUATION
As an evaluation for each client, the electrologist and laser hair practitioner shall:
(1) Prepare a Health History Assessment File that contains:
(a) the date, name, address, contact information, date of birth, and names of family physician, gynecological physician, and dermatologist, if applicable;
(b) the areas of face and body to be treated;
(c) the hirsute family history;
(d) any current and previous methods of hair removal;
(e) any current and previous medications;
(f) any current and previous physical examination dates and results;
(g) any skin irregularities; and
(h) the date and signature of client.
(2) Update and evaluate the client's current health condition to determine if the client should be referred to a physician.
(3) Examine the client's skin for signs of infection or rashes prior to each treatment and delay treatment if actual or potential signs or symptoms of infection are present.
(4) Refer the client to a physician when evaluation of health history or skin examination indicates.
(5) Instruct the client on post-treatment care to promote healing of the treated skin site.
(6) Update active client Health History Assessment annually.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88A-2; 88A-6;
Eff. December 1, 2010;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2015;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2019.